I’m thinking about adding some pale floral elements to the blue field behind the current flower painting. They look so wonderful, changing as the light coming into the room changes, these patterns on a translucent curtain covering the eastern window.
Got to try a few of them out and see how it goes.
I love the color blue. Does it show?
- I can put more paint on the cloth in settled areas just to varigate the surface and to add further cover over earlier imagery
- I can experiment with putting some of the design of the background blue curtain in it to see how the pattern would work
- I can decide to paint over that tulip
- I can decide to keep the tulip but join it to the bouquet
- I can complicate the colors of the patterns in the green cloth even more just for the heck of it
- I can continue developing the flowers, though I want to keep them painty and abstract
- I can develop the bottom of the Limoges vase
- I can figure out the area of cloth nearest to the Limoges vase
- FIX the area of bouquet nearest to the vase rim — needs leaves, stems, something besides just the mass of dark green
My note to self above.
I rearranged the cloth again to get ideas. I used crumpled craft paper to shape the mounds this time. Got to remember that for future still lifes.
I’ve tinted the photo to have the cloth color match more closely the colors I’m using in the painting. This is such a fabulous cloth. One could make a wonderful painting of just the cloth. Drapery as landscape.