I’ve been tweaking the arrangement. Now I’m ready to begin painting. Because the big painting is in the next room, I forgot that the background for the flowers isn’t green, it’s orange. So I slipped the closest thing I’ve got to orange paper behind the flowers to simulate (somewhat) that background. I’ve been tweaking a lot actually as I remember this and that thing. I also spread out the flowers. The earlier version just wasn’t working.
I have returned from the grocery store, got my flowers, and have begun setting up. I’ve been trying to get the flowers to jump into the vase that I drew. Jump, flowers! It’s hard to mix the real with the strictly two dimensional things.
I’m going to be painting a study for the Big Picture. As I begin I’ll be looking at this somewhat awkward arrangement. But once I get the vase indicated I’ll move the drawing off to the side.
The drawing is sitting on a music stand. That’s because the drawing is the score!
Today’s plan is to get some grocery store flowers to paint as a study for the flowers in the big painting. I need some actual flowers to put in the virtual Limoges vase that will sit in Bonnard’s window at the Villa Castellamare.
I am still trying to decide what objects will also sit on the table. The frog teapot (remember the frog teapot), a second smaller bouquet of flowers, the songbird figurine, the black teapot with flowers, and a couple of oranges.
I’m also thinking that I should include a seashell because I’m always painting seashells. Of course the compotier with lemons has a prominent place, and the porcelain basket (which I got from the internet) sits in the closest foreground. Maybe the honey jar.
I’m trying to figure out a way of setting up a still life in the studio so that I can put the objects in better relation to each other. Logistics … The virtual objects will, of course, have to be content with the place they occupy in my imagination.